Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cabarton Stretch

So we're all just sittin' in our kayaks, eddied out above Howard's plunge, waiting for the Sean and Kristin to set up the cameras for as to take pictures and such. Anyway, we're all sitting there and I, being the "coolidictorion" of my high school class, decide to go first. After I peel out, I ferry across and in doing so, drop the upstream edge of my kayak, nearly flipping it. I share this with you because I find it heavily ironic that I would flip before even dropping over the horizon line. that's all. Then as I drop into the rapid its like passing through the mouth of Rasputin (if Rasputin had gene Simmons most righteous tongue, anyway, I think that would be a nice balance). After I slipped off the lickity tip of that tongue, it was all horror show, taking each wave like it has a bounty on my head. My kayak goes "rockity rock rock" as the water comes at me from all sides, like a tree blowing in wake of a storm. Anyway, I'm gonna stop there because i flipped at the bottom and had to swim to shore, of which the story does not share the same grace.

No comments: